A list of things I love about the Tigress Pub:
- Teensy tiny bar, with just a few seats in the whole place.
- Owned and run by our friend Pam, who’s so much fun. She’s never been a bartender, never worked in a bar, never owned a bar. She just wanted to do it, and she did it.
- Vintage glassware that Pam found at thrift stores.
- Really good beers from a beautiful tap.
- Beautiful, large cube ice.
- Excellent classic cocktails, and every one of them is just $7.
- Old creepy black and white movies on the two TVs at all times.
- Pam lets you bring in your own food to eat.
- Pam’s laugh is fabulous.
- Yes, the service can be a bit slow – but you can see that it’s just Pam, working hard, enjoying herself, making your cocktails, doing her thing, and it’s all good.
6 responses to “Tigress Pub”
This is another Austin place we’ve been meaning to check out, but haven’t yet, hopefully next time! I wish I could find glassware like that, coupes elude me.
I found a couple at a thrift store a few weeks ago, and now I can’t wait to start looking for more. 🙂
I wanna live in Austin so I can check out all these places. Hmmmm….last graduation coming up in a year….hmmmm….
And then you’re freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! 😉
Ooooh! I love fun cocktails. 🙂