Today I went to Whole Foods after work and bought entirely too many veggies and fruits… they’re just so pretty! I assembled this delicious no-cook dinner:
A caprese salad (fresh-pulled mozzarella, basil, local heirloom tomatoes, olive oil, salt and crushed black pepper), some tubs from the olive bar (Castelvetrano olives, peppadews, and artichoke pesto), some Italian bread, and slices of sweet Galia melon. It was so refreshing and lovely.
- I went to a Friday afternoon matinee screening of Eclipse (sigh)
- We had some sushi for dinner at Maiko
- I spent the evening with Lindsay at Apothecary
- I took lots of naps
- We went to a fun party on Saturday night where we ate crazy-good food and drank some wine
- We went to Uchiko again on Sunday night with Rachel & Logan, and it was just as lovely as the first time!
- Today Justin drove Rachel & Logan back to the airport (sniff), and then we had puffy tacos for lunch at El Chilito
All in all, a good weekend. I was ridiculously tired and took lots of naps, but still managed to get a large chunk of our laundry done, so I’m calling it a good weekend. I did video a few things, but I haven’t had time/energy to put it all together in a film for you. Soon. Maybe. 🙂
5 responses to “Yay, summer!”
Looking forward to the videos? This sure sounds like a great weekend. And that’s a deeply awesome lunch. In the no-cook sense. 😀
Thanks! Should be uploading video soon… 🙂
oh I need a no-cook dinner. it’s 100 degrees in Boston! I don’t have AC. Crystal, please don’t send any more warm summer thoughts up my way… it’s killing me.
Whoa! 100 degrees?! That’s just craziness, especially with no AC. I shall keep my warm summer thoughts to myself. 🙂
i second that eclipse sigh.