I’m not so good at resolutions. Or… I’m great at making them, but not so great at keeping them. Still, I love how hopeful it feels to make these year-long goals. I usually forget to make them reasonable (I will read 52 books! I will exercise every day! I will never eat at a restaurant again!), so this year I’m trying to make them more reachable.
And so, my goals for 2011 are:
- Lose 10 pounds
- Pay off at least half our debt
- Travel every two months or so (even if just for a weekend)
- Go to the movies at least once a month
- Cook at home most of the time (and cut down restaurant eating to once or twice a week)
- Exercise three times a week
- Take lots of photos
- Complete Rosetta Stone French course
- Stay connected to friends and family
- Read 20 books
- Grow out my hair (no haircuts except to clean up frazzled ends!)
Maybe I should check in on these goals every month or so, and see how I’m doing. Anyone else making goals for the new year?