What a difference a week makes! I’m feeling so much better – the result of a lot of hard work and a heckuva lot of support from you fine folks.
This weekend was super-productive. A quick rundown:
- happy hour with coworkers at Rabbit’s
- went to Rachel & Logan’s for bi bim bap and Mexican train dominoes
- moved the furniture around
- created a bar area in the kitchen for espresso machine and barware
- moved the desk out (!)
- moved the bookshelves around
- went grocery shopping
- made un-frozen dinners to take to work this week (cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, and sauteed chicken to be portioned out each day)
- signed up for a trial gym membership (where I can take yoga and pilates and hula-hooping and… )
- made my mom’s New Mexican red chile sauce and fry bread tacos (videos to come soon!)
- made lovely cocktails and bunuelos with the leftover fry bread
The cocktail I made was called a White Lady (it’s named after a rose). It’s really simple and delicious – I used 1 1/2 ounces Tru organic gin, 1 ounce Paula’s Texas Orange, and 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice. Shake it up with ice and strain, then drink away!
All in all, a great weekend.
These songs have me dancing a jig. Hopefully they’re jig-worthy to you, too.
D-Sisive – I Love a Girl
Lykke Li – Let It Fall
Winter Gloves – Strange Love
7 responses to “Music Monday”
Sounds great! Glad to see you back from the Hole. 😉 (Oh, and Mexican train dominoes…? Looks fun :O)
It’s really fun… I only learned if this game last year at Thanksgiving, but I really like it!
sounds like an amazing week! can you come cook for me… hehe 😉 sounds yummy – cocktail and all!
Ha! Actually, Justin helps me cook so much – and this week, he’s doing all the cooking! I highly recommend the cocktail, it’s so fresh and simple.
Glad you’re feeling better. Dad
Yum.. the fry bread looks delicious.. anticipating the how-to video.