Oh, internets. Summer is here. I have to say that we had a very lovely spring in Austin, up through last week, which is much longer than last year. Now it’s HOT. I am trying very hard to learn to like the heat, because I love Austin, and so I must love the heat, right? I don’t want to spend the summer cooped up inside just because it’s air-conditioned. I want to be outside, be okay with sweat (ew), jump in the springs, sit on the patio and cool off with lemonade. Surely, SOMEDAY I’ll learn to love summer, right?
In that hope, I am hereby making a summer bucket list.
This summer, I will:
- Go swimming. At least once every two weeks.
- Make sun tea.
- Find my signature summer cocktail.
- Continue my study on whether blue coconut snow cones taste different from clear coconut snow cones.
- Make ice cream at home.
- Listen to live music under the stars.
- Eat popsicles.
- Take a bajillion photos.
- Have a romantic summer fling with my love.
- Watch fireworks. Light sparklers.
- Watch summer blockbusters at the theater.
- Read lots of books.
- Write. A lot.
All of that sounds pretty good. But still, I hate the heat. 🙂