(Beer flight from Flying Saucer – my favorite was Brooklyn Pennant Ale)
Hi everyone! I didn’t make it here yesterday for the Wednesday list. Here’s a quick one:
Everything I ate/drank on Wednesday
- Lots of water all day
- Half of a leftover ham and cheese panini from Thunderbird Coffee
- Small bowl of chicken avgolemono soup and a few pita wedges from El Greco
- Two chocolate chip cookies from Tiff’s Treats
- Supper Friends dinner at the Swoop House (quoted from the menu, I’ll try to get photos up soon):
- Quail Diablo, wrapped in bacon and glazed with chile and molasses
- Goat cheese bruschetta with peppers and olives
- Gulf crab cakes with remoulade sauce
- Butternut squash soup with truffle creme fraiche, chive oil and crispy squash blossoms
- Butter lettuce salad with avocado, fresh grapefruit, feta cheese and sangria onions tossed in citrus vinaigrette
- Grilled shrimp and southern-style grits gratinee served with seafood creole sauce
- Cast iron seared beef tenderloin and sweet red onion glace over buttermilk mashed potatoes with fried shallots
- Petit pecan tart and cinnamon apple empanada with vanilla bean ice cream and caramel sauce
- Some kind of watermelon-brandy cocktail
- Some kind of brut cava
Yesterday was so busy… it was go-go-go from morning til midnight. Actually, this week has pretty much been like that, I’m really looking forward to sleeping more this weekend.
So! Today I am thankful for:
- Friends who are friends no matter what, even after babies, even after long periods of not seeing each other, even after everything
- A talented, creative husband who inspires me to feed my own creativity
- Warm chocolate chip cookies
- Cool autumn weather (85 degrees is cool in Austin!)
- My kitty cats
- My brain
- My iPad
- My home
Happy Thursday, everyone!
4 responses to “Thankful Thursday”
SO MUCH FOOD. I just love your lists.
It was a lot of food! And it was all delicioso.
as ever, thankful for your lovely posts!
thankful also for finally creating a blog i completely identify with. i’m hoping to head towards this kind of living – simple, uncluttered, inspired, productive. maybe make a profession out of it in the near future? anyways, considering lots of great possibilities and projects now 😉
wishing a good friday to everyone! xx
And thank you for your comments! I’m always so glad to read them. 🙂