Well, I did not follow my movie plan today. I saw some documentary shorts and a film from one of my favorite directors, Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
- 6 – About 6-man football; follows two teams to the state championship game.
- Big Birding Day – Follows two men who try to sight as many birds as possible in 24 hours.
- Mr. Hypnotism – Story of Dr. Dante, a con artist who has found multiple ways to scam people out of their money.
- Quadrangle – Story of a husband and wife who swap spouses with another couple.
- White Lines and the Fever: The Death of DJ Junebug – About a popular young New York DJ who is murdered.
- Seltzer Works – my favorite of the documentaries, a vignette about an old seltzer-bottling shop in New York. I thought this one was shot beautifully.
Oh, how I love Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s movies! Amelie, Delicatessen, City of Lost Children… this film was so gorgeous, and funny, and smart, and kooky. It has a cast of quirky characters who come together to get revenge on an arms-dealing corporation or two. It’s very steampunk in style, and has awesome Rube-Goldberg qualities. Loved it. Afterward the director answered questions from the audience… I was so excited to see him in person!
After Micmacs, we spotted John C. Reilly and Jonah Hill in front of the Paramount for the premier of Cyrus. We didn’t stay to watch it… the line was INSANE.
Tomorrow, more films!
2 responses to “SXSW, Day 2”
oh, I heard Delicatessen is good! How about music? Any plans for cool bands?
Not really… we don’t have music badges, but we do plan to just stroll down 6th Street and take it all in. 🙂