I have a cold. Again. I feel like I’m always sick, either with severe allergies or colds. I’m thinking I seriously need to eat more fruits and veggies. My supervisor eats a TON of them… bowls of apples and grapes and blackberries and oranges, salads and veggie soups… and she’s NEVER sick. I had every intention to eat more produce at the start of the new year, but that fizzled pretty quickly. I have a banana on my desk, and it’s been there since yesterday. I have clementines in the fridge, and they’re starting to get sad. I have to find some way to get those vitamin-packed specimens in my belly.
In other random news, I’ve been downloading a lot of iPhone apps lately. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Evernote. This is, hands-down, my favorite application EVER. I use the desktop version, the web version, and/or the iPhone version daily. It stores all the information you ever wanted to store, and it’s organized and searchable. I have folders for style ideas, for recipes, for home ideas, for deep thoughts, for Halloween costume ideas… I love this app.
- Tweetdeck. I have to keep up with Twitter while I’m out and about.
- Gowalla. This one’s fun for keeping track of places you visit, though I’m not sold on all the item-swapping and such.
- GoodReads. This isn’t actually run by GoodReads, but it does access your book lists, which is really helpful when I’m strolling through the library looking for something new to read.
- WordPress. For posting to poco-cocoa while I’m on the road.
- Tumblr. For posting to twinkle lights while I’m on the road.
- Facebook. Of course.
- Shazam. Especially if I’m at East Side Show Room, and they’ve got a rockin’ playlist going… this app recognizes songs and gives you the name of the artist and song so you can buy it later.
- University of Texas App. This is newly released, and it has a staff directory, maps, and all sorts of goodies. Of course, I work at UT, so it’s especially useful to me.
- Flickr. I can view and edit all my photos from my iPhone, and view my contacts’ photos, too. I can even email them to friends.
- Stylebook. I love this… I’m still setting it all up. You take photos of every item in your closet, then use this app to organize them and create outfit ideas.
- MobileRSS. I use Google Reader for all of my blog-reading, and this allows me to keep up with blogs while I’m away from my computer.
- iPeriod. Ladies, you need this. Seriously.
- Flip ‘N Drink. Easy to use, with all the cocktail recipes you could want, searchable by ingredient or type.
I also have things like Epicurious, UrbanSpoon, and Pandora, but I don’t use them much.
Do you guys have any other favorites? Let me know!
**Edited to add: Holy smokes, peeps! New iPhone app: Tabbed Out. It allows you to pay your restaurant/bar tab FROM YOUR PHONE. Craziness. It’s being beta-tested in several Austin locations (Cipollina, East Side Show Room, Shangri-La…). So cool!