Sometimes I get caught up in little icky things, and so I forget about big awesome things.
Things I Get Caught Up In
- Ugh, I can’t believe I have to work (write) ALL weekend.
- Omigosh I have so many photo shoots and chef interviews this week.
- I weigh more than I did in college.
- I don’t have a job with a salary, benefits, retirement, and colleagues.
- My hair won’t grow.
- I have too many books and magazines to catch up on.
- Yuck, it’s going to get SOOO hot this summer.
Things I Forget About
- Wow, I get to work at home, with my love, and enjoy a break for a spot of tea! (Also, I’m writing A BOOK!)
- Hooray, I get to hang out with awesome chefs and the lovely Aimee this week!
- Yay, I finally have curves!
- I get to make my own hours, work with awesome people, and do what I love!
- Short hair rocks!
- I have tons of books and magazines to read!
- Right now it’s spring, and it’s beautiful!
Thank you for participating in my little exercise. I now return you to your regularly scheduled day.
6 responses to “Things and Things”
i love this!!! whenever i get in a funk i think of pollyanna. eat some chocolate, open a window and listen to my favourite song. and then le voila. no more funk.
I like this approach! Especially the chocolate.
Love it! Isn’t life all about reframing? I have this same problem and need to remember to keep it all in perspective…
Also, I love your oilcloth. Haven’t said that lately.
Gracias! I was thinking of getting rid of it, actually. Maybe I’ll keep it a bit longer. 🙂
Well, I don’t have to live with it every day – I just get to see it in your pretty pictures! Change is always fun, too. And I’d love to see what pattern you choose next.
Love this – I feel like I do a similar kind of list (both columns) in my head all day…