Hi folks! It’s Sunday night, and I’m procrastinating on laundry and getting ready for the workweek. So, I’m doing my favorite thing, writing a list.
- On the food front, we’ve been eating lots of simple meals at home from some of our old favorite recipes. I posted the recipe for this soup four years ago, almost to the day! It’s still just as delicious, trust me.
- Also yummy was a broccoli-tomato-garlic saute with pasta and Parmesan cheese. Yum.
- I’m so excited, because this Thursday is the first day of the Austin Film Festival. If you need me at any time between October 22 – 29, I will be at the movies. Please leave a message.
- Also, Halloween costume? Check! I pretty much finished it this weekend, madly sewing and attaching and inserting and threading and making. I still have just a couple small details to add. I’m pretty excited about it, and no, I can’t tell you what it is. But I promise, I will post photos after Halloween!
- This week (on top of all the film festival goodness), I’m going to my friend Nicole’s place for a pumpkin-carving party, to my friends Bryan and Jason’s place for a welcome-to-the-new-loft party, and to my friend Chad’s for his 30th birthday party. Exciting, maybe a bit overwhelming for one little week, though…. we’ll see how I hold up.
- On Friday night, my friend Rachel and I sat at the bar at Vino Vino and chatted and drank wine until the wee hours. Then we went for a walk and chatted some more. Then we went back to her place and chatted some more. Then we woke up the next morning and chatted some more. I love those kinds of friends/nights/talks.
- The weather has been fabulous lately… it feels like autumn. I bought a pumpkin spice candle today, because it’s officially okay to have your house smelling like pumpkin spice now that it’s October.
Hope you all have been doing well, and that your October is also lovely.
3 responses to “News from me”
Aw, Friday and Vino Vino were so much fun! Thanks for hanging out with me. We should do it again soon.
I hope you have a blast at the film festival!
sounds so nice and fall-ish.