I’m 32 today! I still feel so much younger, which is a good thing, I suppose.
We started celebrating this weekend, with dinner Friday at Garrido’s, then lunch Saturday at Franklin BBQ, a rusa at F&F, a visit to the Museum of Art downtown to see the Hatch Show Print Exhibit, dinner at The Woodland, and drinks at Fino… then Sunday we shopped for clothes and spent time with Rachel. Today we’re having lunch at Asti and dinner at Fino, so it really couldn’t get any better!
I’ve been reading Susannah’s blog (and taking her Unravelling course), and I’m using two of her great ideas for my birthday. First, I’m choosing a word to focus on this year… something I can always have in mind when making decisions, being creative, and tending to relationships: COURAGE. I want to be brave and take risks… not be afraid to make new friends or use up my Polaroid film or try something new.
I’m also making a list of things I’d like to do by this time next year. I have no idea if I’ll accomplish all of these, but I plan to look at this list often, and again on my birthday next year, to cross off the things I’ve done.
33 Things to do before I turn 33
- Give more love
- Learn French
- Take more film photos
- Create an organization system for my film negatives
- Practice yoga or stretching every now and then
- Take more walks
- Be at peace with food
- Paint my toenails rainbow colors
- Write poetry
- Travel to new place
- Invite friends over for dinner or dessert
- Go to a beach again
- Create more rituals (morning, night-time, Sundays)
- Go on more me-dates
- Keep reading books
- Keep blogging
- Start a collection
- Journal more
- Take random days off work to just relax
- Keep loving my hair (which basically means keep getting haircuts with Joey)
- Organize my recipes
- Go to sleep earlier
- Wake up earlier
- Remember birthdays and holidays
- Choose not to gossip or be critical
- Keep up my gratitude notebook
- Be positive
- Toss/organize/clean up at home regularly
- Take self-portraits and be more comfortable with my appearance
- Pay off debt
- Go to the movies at least once a month
- Be me
I hope you all have a fabulous day!
4 responses to “Happy Birthday to me!”
Happy birthday, you awesome person! I love your list… wanna go in together on the Rosetta Stone french version? That or Mandarin… or Japanese…
Happy Birthday dear!
I think I’ll do the very same when my b-day comes, in May – a nice list of things to accomplish before the next one. Great idea.
oh! I’m late! Happy Birthday Crystal. I love your list- I hope you have the courage to complete it all! [and have fun while doing so]