Twitter Flickr Tumblr Vimeo Pinterest Forrst

January 1

And just like that, it’s 2013.

My mind has been full of resolutions and projects. I thought about doing a daily photo project.

Or writing one letter a week.

Or taking a walk every day.

But instead, I think I’m just going to focus on DOING THINGS.

I want to stop talking about the things I want to do, and just do them.

If my shirt needs to be mended, I want to mend it.

If a wall is empty, I want to frame some of my photos and hang them.

If I am thinking of someone, I want to call or email or text or write.

I just want to DO.

9 Comments on "January 1"

• Mallory says

“I want to stop talking about the things I want to do, and just do them.” YES!!! Me too! I get so obsessed with lists, get mad when I don’t fulfill every item, and end up thinking more about it than actually doing it. Thank you for this reminder – yes!

• Nicole says

Maybe you could make a “things I want to do in 2013″ list? I think it provides a good balance the two extremes. Then you still get to make a list and plot out all your good intentions, and keeping it around helps you remain conscious of doing, but at your own pace.

Also, is it sad that I think I can tell just from those pictures that you went to 24 Diner?

• Odelsa says

It always makes me happy to visit you here…I love your perspective. Whatever you decide “to do” in 2013 I hope you share it. I’m stealing your idea and running with it.

I’m going “to do” as well. It seems like the best resolution.

Thank you for this post and a happy new year to you and your loved ones!

• Crystal says

Thank you so much! That’s so lovely to hear. Happy New Year to you, too!

• Alexis says

hi crystal – just stopping by to wish you a happy new year, may it be filled with blessings and health for you, Justin and your family:) I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment to just do things, instead of write or talk about them. i went with a theme/intention for my year – my word is Soul. i hope to feed my soul in all sorts of ways. last year was emotionally rough, but i came out on the other side and feel so grateful!

• Crystal says

Happy new year to you, too! xo