During the days W.C. (without computer), I was pretty crafty. I decided to use one of the patches I bought from Fishcakes for a small purse. I had been wanting to sew a bag of some sort for a while, but it always seemed too difficult, or maybe too time-consuming. I was wrong.
I followed this tutorial posted on Craftster, and within a few hours, it was all done. I used a fairly sturdy blue flowered fabric for the outside and the strap, and plain muslin for the lining. I inserted interfacing between the layers, and sewed in velcro to close the bag. After machine-stitching the patch to the outer layer, I hand-embroidered a border to keep it from fraying and, well, because it looks cool.
I am so excited about it, and I have plans to sew another one for my friend Leti, using her own patch. I’d also like to make a larger bag to hold all my crafty things, including my brand-new knitting needles (I’m learning to knit!) and yarn and thread and other such fun doo-dads.
On to the next project!