Foodie for life

July 29, 2005

I sometimes wonder whether my love of food has gone too far. I think about food all day, from what I’m going to eat for dinner to what I should buy from the grocery store. I love to eat out, I love to read recipes, I love to watch the Food Network. I frequent food blogs and food websites, and loiter at shops like Williams-Sonoma. I use cucumber-melon shaving cream, coconut shampoo and conditioner, and vanilla body wash. Each day I choose between mango-coconut, green tea, or citrus-basil lotion. My house is scented by a vanilla disc in my Scent-Stories machine, and I’m coveting the new Be Delicious (apple) fragrance from DKNY. I visit Whole Foods at least twice a week, and our hangouts include coffee shops, grocery stores, and ice cream parlors. I could spend a whole day in the library leafing through old cooking magazines or thumbing through shelves and shelves of cookbooks.

Have I gone overboard? Has it gone too far? Is it odd that my greatest accomplishment might just be my chocolate chip or peanut-chocolate cookies? Oh, well. It’s time for dinner.

Daily Eats: Saturday

Daily Eats: Friday

Some days I don’t realize that I haven’t had a…

Daily Eats: Thursday

I saw someone on YouTube make a green pea-avocado toast,…

1. Michelle says:

I hear you! I love food! Yesterday I went to Hastings and spent the whole time in the food section. If I lived in a big area like yours I would probably do the same thing.

2. bearette24 says:

I think about food all the time too 🙂

3. Dad says:

Good job! Hope Kourtney is enjoying herself before she starts (yuk!!) school again! Love, Dad

4. blackbird says:

We do part company on the lotions and soaps and candles though.
    But I know what you mean — my MIL uses all food scented things…

5. Anonymous says:

Get out of my brain! Ha! I do the same thing, too. Before I’m done with one meal, I’m already thinking about the next and the next and the….

I’m a food blog, food network, food addict!

6. Christina says:

sorry, that was my post above.

7. Pearl says:

Society is composed of two great classes, those that have more dinners than appetite, and those who have more appetite than dinners.
    Chamfort, Sebastien-Roch Nicolas De

8. Lora says:

I think that the love of food is the love of life. If you truely enjoy food then no you haven’t gone overboad. It when you do all these things without enjoyment that there’s a problem.