- got a badly needed haircut
- ate leftover pizza for lunch again
- finished reading The Slightly True Story of Cedar B. Hartley, Who Planned to Live an Unusual Life (loved it)
- started reading Joie de Vivre
- decided to try breakfasts of café au lait and baguette with butter and jam
- watched the kitties
- helped Justin make spring rolls with peanut sauce for dinner
- sipped a citron presse while browsing recipes in my Evernote
- dreamed about travel, and Chemex coffee makers, and tiny bistro sets on patios, and dark chocolate ice cream, and Mississippi mud cake, and really thick eyelashes
Tomorrow, I will work. I will finish that silly website, I will start a new project, I will maybe paint some coffee bags. But I will also go to the market to buy things to make dark chocolate ice cream, and maybe my dad’s ceviche, and maybe also buy a Chemex and possibly a toaster oven. We’ll see.
Also, I read the new issue of Lucky Magazine, and in it, Jessica Alba says that after she has her baby, she will have 1200-calorie-per-day meals delivered to her, and she will start working out 1 hour a day, and eventually go up to 3 hours a day, and she will be starving, and she will drink lots of water, and she also does not like working out. And I felt a mixture of disappointment (It takes all that to have her body? I’ll never get there!) and satisfaction (Finally, a celebrity tells the truth about how hard it is to stay “sexy!”) and relief (Thank goodness my job does not rely on being pretty-thin-sexy-toned-perfect. Thank goodness I am loved no matter how jiggly my tummy is). So there’s that.