Food on Film

June 15, 2010

I just developed a couple of rolls of film from my friend Bud’s Canon EOS Elan II (he was so nice to let me borrow it!). I’m in love! Food in itself is beautiful to me, but food on film? Heaven. The colors are so rich, the graininess so cool, the unpredictability so fun.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Article Tags

On the Food Trail: Cake Salé

Long time no see! Okay, onward. I thought I’d give…

Crapton of veggies.

So I really like this post on Zen Habits about…

Hot hot dog

Justin calls this a hot hot dog. That is all.

Beautiful shots! I like film, too, but I’m really inexperienced in photography and am barely learning with a dSLR. I love how gorgeous the effect is. :) (Your sushi looks yummy :D)

Wei-Wei

2. Vanessa says:

Gorgeous pictures!!
    I’d love to try out film again… one of these days : )

3. Pinjing says:

Such vibrant and lovely photos :)

4. manilenya says:

I am beginning to like taking photos in film now, in fact I am giving my dslr an indefinite holiday lol!

just like you, I so like the colors and the grains that film photos gives me :)

Thanks for your comment! I’ve been perusing your photos, too. I was thinking of only carrying around one camera for a month at a time… a Holga month, a polaroid month, etc. But I can’t seem to let my dSLR sit at home. :)

• manilenya says:

I think my dslr’s holiday was up since I finished a roll today and I didn’t bring an extra :)

Thanks for dropping by at my blog and wow! you got a lot of camera :) I do have two polaroid too but I have no film yet :(

5. Lovely! My goal this summer is to start using film again. There is such a differenf feel and scope to film. You’ve got me all excited. :)