I know that every time I eat them, I’m risking Salmonella poisoning. But runny yolks are just so good! They’re all smooth and oozy, and they make everything around them just that much better.
- Runny yolk, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
- Fried eggs in the morning, sprinkled with salt and scooped up with tortillas
- Fried eggs on stacked red enchiladas, in a small cafe somewhere in New Mexico
- Fried eggs on mashed potato pancakes (see photo above, and also here)
- Fried egg sandwiches at Parkside
- Soft boiled eggs, eaten from a cute egg cup, with a tiny spoon
And any other way you can imagine. I do have one rule, though…the whites have to be fully cooked. Runny whites? Not a good thing.
But runny yolks…I’ll risk Salmonella any day. 🙂