I don’t have much to say today except that smoked paprika is one of the best things on the planet.
Random fun link: The Sartorialist, where you can admire beautiful photography and fabulous fashion.
Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes, and Paprika
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 chicken breast halves with bones
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas) drained
- 1 (12-ounce) container cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon spiced oil mixture into a small bowl; whisk in yogurt and set aside (this is the sauce for later).
Place chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons spiced oil mixture over chicken. Add beans, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro to remaining spiced oil mixture; toss to coat. Pour bean mixture around chicken. Sprinkle everything generously with salt and pepper.
Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon bean mixture over. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Makes 4 servings.