Leti and I found this gorgeous fabric at Hobby Lobby one day, and decided to make aprons with it. Leti opted for a half-apron, based on a Jessie Steele design we saw once (somewhere…I can’t find it now). I was too careful in hiding all the hems, and the edges turned out a bit too thick (the fabric itself was pretty thick). It’s still cute, though, and I attached two flower buttons to the waist where the straps attach.
For my own apron, I chose a full-length version, since I tend to get my shirts filthy when I’m baking at the B&B. I based it on a design from my Japanese craft book, with cute chocolate trim and my first-ever darts. I love it!
I used newspaper to make the pattern for my apron, so that I could attempt it again someday. I decided to make an envelope to hold the pattern, based on a cool idea from The Small Object. I attached one of her wonderful labels and a photo of the completed project so I can identify it easily. I’m such a paper geek…I think I like the pattern envelope the best. 🙂