Today marks poco-cocoa’s first birthday. It’s hard to believe a year has passed already! I spent the morning going through all my old posts, and it’s amazing to me:
**how much I’ve changed,
**how fast my hair has grown,
**how many recipes I’ve forgotten about, even though they were SO GOOD, and
**how wonderful the past year has been.
Thank you all so very much for being a part of this blog. I looked at my site stats today, and though I really don’t understand them very well, it seems that I have a lot of people stopping by each day (more than I can account for with family and friends, that is). It makes me happy to know that I may have inspired someone to try a new recipe, or maybe a new craft, or maybe to start a blog of their own. I am just thrilled each time I get a comment…every single one. I have enjoyed getting to know my camera better, and working on my writing skills. I’ve made new friends, “met” people from around the globe, and have become aware of so many talented and creative people out there. I’ve learned so much just from having this blog!
So as a blogiversary gift, I give you a photo of Roux, demonstrating our mutual enjoyment of the food section of the newspaper. Also, this:
50 More Things About Me
(See first 50 here)
51. I’ll be 28 this month.
52. I’m scared that I’ll have to live in a nursing home someday.
53. I like to do fill-in puzzles.
54. I don’t like driving.
55. I love pink.
56. I love rainy days.
57. I feel embarrassed to walk around in a swimsuit without a cover-up.
58. I forget to connect with people sometimes, and then I feel guilty about it.
59. When I was little, I had a dog named Patches.
60. When I was little, we had goats and chickens, and a mean old rooster.
61. My nervous habit is twitching my nose, then closing my throat. It’s hard to explain.
62. I love going to the movies, but I don’t go that often.
63. Sometimes I spend the majority of my day on the computer, reading your blogs.
64. When I was in high school, I was salutatorian, homecoming queen, class president, “friendliest”, and “most likely to succeed.” I don’t think I’ve “succeeded” the way they thought I would.
65. I love my jobs, and would hate to go back to an office or a “career”.
66. I’d like to see the Statue of Liberty, but I’m not interested in going inside it.
67. I don’t understand it when people are mean.
68. Sometimes I want to buy sparkly bubble gum-flavored toothpaste, but I never do.
69. I’m hooked on Ritter Sport dark chocolate.
70. I love it when the ground is covered with leaves, and it makes me sad when people rake them away.
71. I worry that I’m not a good friend, daughter, sister, aunt…
72. I spend more time looking at craft blogs than I do actually crafting.
73. I’m a perfectionist.
74. I pay off my credit card in full each month.
75. I hate that we’re still paying for our car.
76. I only got two B’s in college…in English. I wish I had let myself get more B’s, and had more fun.
77. I’m working on allowing myself to get more B’s and C’s in life. I’m liking it.
78. I’m a sucker for scented products…hand soap, lotion, candles, body wash, shampoo…
79. I still have lotion in my drawer that I used during my internship…7 years ago. Yuck!
80. I just threw that lotion away.
81. I’ll probably go to Bath Junkie today to buy some more, even though I have 3 other half-used bottles.
82. I like bubble baths.
83. I feel antsy if I don’t have a book or a magazine on the “to read” pile.
84. I never really had an indoor pet when I was growing up, but I don’t know what I’d do without Roux.
85. I could probably eat pizza every day.
86. When I was little, my mom MADE me a cabbage-patch doll, with a soft terry cloth face and fuzzy hair. I wish I still had it.
87. My mom made a lot of my clothes when I was growing up.
88. I have a bottle of red dye in my bathroom, for the day when I get the guts to put it on my hair.
89. I only have one pair of jeans. I need to remedy this.
90. I get overwhelmed when clothes-shopping.
91. I have lots of skirts that don’t match any shirts, and dresses that I’ve never worn because I don’t have shoes that go with them.
92. I’ve been reading and following Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy since January 1st, and it has already changed my life.
93. I forget to take my multivitamin most days.
94. I never forget to eat a piece of chocolate after dinner.
95. I like tiny Post-It notes.
96. I love candles, but I never remember to burn them.
97. I am more in love with my husband now than I’ve ever been.
98. I am proud of the person I have become.
99. Aside from this blog, I keep a computer journal, a sketchbook, an illustrated inspiration journal, a gratitude journal, a book journal, a daily dialogue journal, and a poetry journal. I think that’s it.
100. My nose is pierced.
Happy Blogiversary to all the poco-cocoa readers out there!