- I thought I didn’t like grapefruit, but it turns out that I do. Especially with Maldon salt. Similarly, I thought I didn’t like bowling, but it turns out that I do. Especially after two margaritas.
- I think the word “bespoke” has had its heyday. And yet, I think it’s in its infancy.
- Fortunately, or unfortunately, Roux is back to his old self. This means he is meowing at the door, scratching at the windows, waking us up to feed him, and sitting on my desk.
- One way to instantly make a place feel like home is to string twinkle lights around randomly and put out a photo of your parents.
- Contrary to Justin’s fervent belief, denying that you have a cold does not keep you from having a cold. This is proven by my trash can full of used tissues, almost-empty Tylenol container, and package of Hall’s cough drops on my nightstand.
- Dining room tables and bookshelves and desks and chairs and sofas and dishes and fireplace grates and rugs are expensive. Please remember this when you come to visit us and we don’t have these things.
- My love for food began in high school, when I watched Great Chefs, Great Cities on PBS. This is where I learned how to caramelize onions. What a Vidalia was. How to create a timbale. What a salamander is used for. How to julienne vegetables. I watched this show every day throughout college, and finally, FINALLY, it’s available on DVD! (Gift givers, please take note.)
Ah, Wednesday, you saucy hump day, you.♥