Letters #6

May 24, 2011

Dear Husband,

One time you talked in your sleep and said, “Mmmm, cake. Four. Four.” So tonight when I baked a cake, you said, “Mmmm, cake.” And I said, “Four. Four.” I love our inside jokes.

*   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *

Dear Garage Band Next Door,

Thank you for finally turning down the volume on your microphone. We can still hear the bass, and I can still tell what songs your singing, but I no longer have to listen to the actual words, and for that I am grateful.

*   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *

Dear Snow Cones,

It’s time! I plan to have you at least once a week for the next few months. I plan to continue my lifelong study on whether blue coconut tastes different from clear coconut. I also plan to make you at home with our handy dandy ice shaver and homemade syrups. Me + you = summer.

*   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *

Dear Full-Time Job,

Thank you for teaching me so many things, and for introducing me to so many great people. I am glad to have had you, and yet I am excited to leave you. No hard feelings, okay?

*   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *

Dear Freelance Life,

Hello! Be nice to me, okay? It’s my first time.*

*   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *

*Everybody! I’m leaving my full-time job to work from home. I’ll be freelance writing, copy editing, and working with Justin in his design business. Wish me luck! :)

Article Tags

Letters #21

Dear Husband, Today I was driving to the studio and…

Letters #20

Dear Husband, Thanks for taking long walks with me, and…

Letters #19

Dear Husband, Sometimes I watch you sleep and try to…

1. Flavia says:

hey crystal! wonderful news :)
    i’ve been working from home for about a year now and i can tell you it was the bestest thing that’s ever happened to me! unlike you, though, i hadn’t had the pleasure to work with many nice people in my life, which kinda makes me appreciate this whole thing a lot, lot more. but you’ll do just fine, and i hope you love it too!
    i also loved that you had the chance to hear justin’s sleep talking as it was one of the cutest things ever. sounds like something i’d say if i were to ever talk on my sleep… lol.
    have a great day, you guys! xx

2. connie says:

Good luck with this next great adventure Crystal!

I’ve still been reading your blog, (I’ve reverted to lurker hehe) but I have to say GOOD LUCK on your freelancing life! I’m sure it’ll be nice to you, you’ve written a book already ;D

4. Lexie says:

Crystal, Good Luck on the new “gig” – I wish you all the best! Oh and you inspired me to write a letter to my husband last night, I am so glad I did it.

5. Crystal says:

Thanks, everyone!

Flavia – I’m very excited about it, and am anxious to try different ways of scheduling my work time at home. I might contact you soon for ideas.

Connie – Now I’ll have more time for writing letters.

Wei-Wei – Thanks! I’m glad you delurked for a bit. ;)

Lexie – Oh, how sweet! I’m so glad to hear your husband got a lovely letter. :)

6. designinbloom says:

That’s great news! So excited for you – and maybe a bit jealous!

7. anya says:

Seems I’m a latecomer to the news – but Congratulations! I’m sure it will be a great adventure.

8. Crystal says:

Thank you so much, designinbloom and anya! :)

9. Lena says:

yaya i hope this means there will be more blog posts! sounds like the start of some fun times! :)

10. Crystal, Logan and I are so excited for this big step! You know we’re always here for you, even if here is somewhere like Peru. You’re going to kick freelancing’s ass.