Thankful Thursday

September 9, 2010

I’m really liking these themed daily posts! It gives me a little something to look forward to. :)

I also have to add, regarding yesterday’s #11, that I tried the Toffee Nut Mocha and HATED it. I thought it tasted like a buttered popcorn Jelly Belly. :(

Today I am thankful for:

• The most loving, gorgeous, wonderful husband in the universe

• Soft, delicious pretzels at The Flying Saucer

• The fact that writing a book about food in Austin helps me to really experience and appreciate food in Austin
  • Rainy days
  • Hamburgers and pizza

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /nfs/c01/h05/mnt/35176/domains/poco-cocoa.com/html/wp-content/themes/minimy-child/functions.php on line 18

Things and stuff

I can’t even remember where I got that phrase, but…

Independence Day = Hope

Word association:

Day of the Dad

It’s midnight, so technically it’s not Father’s Day anymore. But…

1. OMG, the burgers and pizza look AMAZING!

2. christine says:

With awesome food like that, I’ll also be thankful. If you wont mind I’d love to guide Foodista readers to your post. Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post so it will appear in the Foodista pages and it’s all set, Thanks!

3. Flavia says:

I’m thankful for finally learning how to use Twitter – what an amazing little site that is! I’ve found this really cool blog there today and it’s been helping me a lot to organise my thoughts and ideas already: http://zenhabits.net/
    And also because of Twitter, I stumbled upon this today: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4oAB83Z1ydE&h=0476b
    Yay for great insights! :)x

Ooh, are you on Twitter? What’s your handle?

I love Zen Habits, though I often forget to check it. I’ve found some really cool ideas on there. Also, I remember that commercial! Does that mean I’m old? :)

Soft pretzels make me want to weep. Partly because I love them and partly because I failed in making them. I’m so sorry, my love. I’ll make you properly again one day. With white flour. :P Love this post! And I really love how much you love your husband.

I saw that on your blog! Pretzels seem kinda hard in the first place, what with all the rising and boiling and baking and such. You can do it! And yes, I sure do love that man.

5. Michelle says:

I am thankful for a beautiful little sister!

6. anya says:

Now craving pizza. Loving thankful thursdays!

7. Mallory says:

Omg the buttered popcorn jelly bellies are hideous!