October is possibly my favorite month. In the past, October has meant trips to New England, full of foliage and Macintosh apples and pumpkins. It has meant trips to New Mexico, with golden leaves, red and green chile, and mountains. It has meant Halloween, and soup nights, and scarves and candlelight.
This October is:
- The Austin Film Festival… days and days of unlimited movies.
- The Texas Book Festival…I am so looking forward to hearing some of my favorite authors speak.
- Getting fitted for colored contact lenses… just for fun!
- Working on my Halloween costume, then parading down 6th street on Halloween night with the rest of my themed costume group.
- A pumpkin-carving party with some girlfriends.
- A 30th birthday party for one of the coolest guys I know.
- A sake tasting and omakase menu night at Uchi.
- A house-warming party for a couple of crazy friends.
- Boots and tights and scarves and sweaters.
- Rainy days, snuggled up in a blanket, reading insane amounts of books.
- Candlelight, warm kitty cats, and kisses from my love.
Seriously, October is the best.