Or, actually, Justin found it. So now you get photos!
But first, I want to thank all of you for your sweet comments. I didn’t expect that what I wrote would resonate with so many people, but I’m glad it did. I’m happy to be with all of you on this journey toward a good, simple life…it’s nice to know there are others out there dealing with the same pressures and expectations and realities. And it’s so good to be blogging again!
This weekend Justin and I walked downtown to eat lunch at Whole Foods. I was so excited because they’ve added a “Pick Your Own Fruit” bar at the raw foods section, and they have really awesome fruits like cherries and golden raspberries and mango.
We sat down on the rooftop patio to eat, but the sky was so menacing that we ducked inside, and not a moment too soon…it poured for about 20 minutes.
After the rain, we walked to the Austin Wine Festival, where we tasted a lot of Texas wines. My conclusion is that there aren’t many Texas wines that I really like. 🙂 It was fun, nonetheless.
On the way home, we stopped at Amy’s for some ice cream…I had Mexican Vanilla with oreos, and Justin had strawberry with chocolate chunks. We got a free topping because I knew the movie quote of the day… “What are you looking at?” “Your leg. I’d like to break it.” Anyone? (It’s Willow! I forgot how fun that movie is!)
Molly tagged me for this meme, so here goes:
7 Weird and Random Things About Me
1. I don’t like talking on the phone. I would much rather write, or talk in person. I have no idea why, it just seems like I’m always trying to find something interesting to say.
2. I don’t like driving. Which means I’m really not a great driver, because I just want to get there and get out of the car. Which means I might drive a little fast. (Just a little.)
3. I scream EVERY time I see a roach. No matter how far away it is, how small, how harmless. I’m not a fan of bugs.
4. I don’t like to keep score when playing games. I tend to feel bad if I’m winning and sad if I’m not.
5. I really have to be in the mood to watch TV or listen the radio. It all seems so loud and invasive, and I prefer quiet.
6. When I was little, we had goats and chickens and a mean, mean rooster.
7. I don’t like to tag people for memes. 🙂
One more photo for you:
Justin ran a 30k trail run. That’s something like 18 miles. And he’s doing it again this Sunday, and I think he’s a little crazy, but I’m going to go watch him anyway and pass him water and goo packets and kisses. Amazingly, he always looks this happy after a run:
Happy Tuesday, internets!