More stitching

June 15, 2006

I finished a couple more things this week…

This little blouse for Lindsay…I think it’s too cute! I used a pattern from one of my Japanese craft books, and made it teeny tiny for Linds. It actually wasn’t that hard to do…the hardest part was sizing it down.

I also (finally) finished this scarf that I started months ago…I wish it was cold outside so I could wear it! It’s super-soft and cozy, made of a fuzzy eyelash yarn I splurged on a while back.

Last night Lindsay and Chad joined us for dinner, and I went for an Asian-finger-food theme. I made lettuce wraps and edamame, and bought a variety of nori rolls at Whole Foods. It was yum.

I’m off to write my weekly post for Wardrobe Refashion…happy Thursday!

On the Food Trail: Cake Salé

Long time no see! Okay, onward. I thought I’d give…

Crapton of veggies.

So I really like this post on Zen Habits about…

Hot hot dog

Justin calls this a hot hot dog. That is all.

1. Rita says:

I like the simple summer top. Where did you find this pattern?

2. crystal says:

Hi Rita! The pattern came from a Japanese craft book (that I linked to in the post), which I bought from yesasia.com. 🙂

3. Jessica says:

Wow the food looks delicious! So nicely arranged, too. And the top is just too cute!

4. your one and only ~Kourt~:P says:

well hello there silly! ooo all of that stuff looks so good and your doing awesome on your sewing or whatever it is! i am so proud of you! i cant wait till i go over! love ya lots! Your One & Only ~KoUrT~:P

5. sally says:

I LOVE the blouse…so cute + summery. And the dinner you served looks delicious!

6. MIchelle says:

Those rolls look good! I just may have to give sushi another try!!! I especially like the lettuce wraps. I forgot about making those! I will have to try them this week! The blouse is too cute! You are doing great! See you next week! Love you!

7. Lisa says:

The blouse is adorable! I want one! And the dinner looks too yummy.

8. This little blouse is a very attractive one.
    I like the creative useage of pattern and shape of this blouse. Well done !

9. crystal says:

Thanks for all the kudos on the blouse, everyone! I’ve been considering making myself one, too.

10. Rita says:

Thanks for pointing the japanese books out to me. Are they written in english, I don’t speak japanese, but the books look great, so I am very tempted too. Your blog is great, and you Father’s day entry made me cry, I don’t have my Father anymore.

11. crystal says:

Rita, they are written in Japanese, unfortunately…I don’t understand a word of it, but the photos are lovely and you can actually figure out some of the patterns and diagrams. You can check out http://www.craftlog.org/craftingjapanese/…she’s posted links to photos of many of the books as well as their ISBN numbers, which you’d use to find them through amazon japan or yesasia.

12. Rita says:

Thank you for your help. I hope to find some books now on this website that you recommended. Yesasia is very difficult to navigate, I was not getting anywhere. I love your Blog, it is really very precious to me. I will
    visit everyday. Rita